When you are working to build your online presence, making your daily readings and online content stand out is KEY to success!
If you are anything like me, you have a few hundred friends who are into angel card reading, tarot, astrology, and just passing general awesome information around on social media. My feeds are like streams of wonderful advice and guidance.
There are some readers, coaches, and influencers whose work I can spot from a mile away, like Leonie Dawson with her original artwork and fonts, Hiro Boga’s abstract yet peaceful blue and purple background, and Danielle LaPortes stark, handwritten #truthbomb posts – but they are few and far between. The vast majority – especially the newbie crowd – post totally anonymous readings, quotes, and content. There is no way to link the content back to the person who did it.
PS – there is nothing wrong with being a newbie – we all start out that way!
So, what YOU want to do as an up-and-coming superstar Light Worker is to inject your posts with your own special personality – and give visual cues to what that personality is so people see something and automatically know it is from you!
How can you do that?
Here are a few tips and tricks that will make the content you share on social media stand out from the crowd!
1) Put your name and website into the picture. You can either use an online design program like Canva.com or PicMonkey to add your website and links to the bottom of the picture of your reading and also to create fabulous graphics to use in your blog posts and on your social media sites that tie back to your website.
*If you are working with a photo based social media platform like Instagram and you don’t want to do the extra steps of working with your picture in a different program, then you can simply put your business card into the picture!
2) Choose a color scheme and stick with it! Personally, I use a lot of warm tones – oranges, reds, golds, and yellows. The vast majority of the backgrounds I use and posts I create are in those colors. (As you may know, I use the watercolor background like the one at the top of this page for a majority of my quotes.) When I do venture into green territory, I generally use the exact same green color every time, and I use the same shapes and text types as I normally do. Of course, I put my website on the pictures as well.
3) Choose a couple of text types, and stick with them as well.
4) Use similar props every time. Love feathers or crystals or hearts or candles? Use them as props for your readings. Use the same props over and over again. Arrange them in a similar fashion – or have something funky and distinctly you in the pictures.
5) Create signature content. One way to set yourself apart from the crowd is to regularly highlight something that you do well. For example, I love Lisa Frideborg’s Deck Interviews that she puts out when she gets a new deck (here is her interview with Doreen Virtue’s Angel Tarot Deck). When I was running Clear Vision Readings and Reiki, I would post Intuitive Musings posts that were designed to help people learn to read tarot, and also to highlight the similarities and differences between decks.
6) Don’t copy other people’s looks. OHMYGODSNGODDESSES! This is so important! If you copy the look, feel, background, font, etc. of someone you admire, then you are basically making your readings and content blend with theirs. If the person you admire is a celebrity, then your content will likely get lost in the shuffle of a thousand adoring fans who are trying to emulate the same look and feel.
And, the MOST important thing:
7) Fully embrace who you are and what you like! Be yourself – fully and boldly! When you are creating your content and visual branding (how your stuff looks) – it is vital that you are yourself! Bring aspects of the quirky, unique, and ultra-interesting person you are into your work. Give your own interpretations of cards. Use your own voice and talk at your own intellectual level (don’t dumb it down – you can explain if need be). Trust that there are people out there who will be touched by what you have to say and who you are!
Don’t be afraid to be bold and just be who you are. Standing out from the crowd is a vital part of creating recognition of your work – and that recognition will help you stand out and succeed. That is what you should be doing, really. Don’t allow yourself to get lost in the shuffle. If you set yourself apart from the rest, then people will start to know who you are by sight!
Would you like to get personal advice about how to make yourself and your Light Worker business stand out? I offer One-to-One Business Mentoring. Set up your Free Introductory Session today! Simply (click here) and schedule your free half hour session.