Today is Chinese New Year and the start of the Year of the Fire Monkey – and it’s also the New Moon (3:40 pm CET/9:40 am EST)!
This is a FAB-U-LOUS time for you to figure out what your goals for the year are and to devise a plan to achieve them!
I was reading this write-up about the Fire Monkey year this morning from Susan Levitt’s Site (click here), and it gave me some awesome insight about what the Year of the Fire Monkey is all about!
Now, as you can imagine, the element, fire, is about heat, passion, creativity, and joy. It’s about going out and pursuing what you desire in life. It’s about movement and achievement.
Then, we have the monkey: entertaining, creative, capable of doing anything they put their minds to.
Combine these elements together, and we get a year where anything is possible! If you can dream it, you can achieve it!
You have to make sure that you watch out for the pitfalls of both elements this year. Monkeys might get easily bored, moving from one project to the next, without giving each its proper time and hesitating to move on even though a project isn’t feeding his soul. Fire is something that can explode or burn things down if it isn’t tempered and kept under control. Basically put, make sure that you are devoting your passion to things that move you and keep your mind and soul on fire – but don’t explode or let yourself continue doing things – out of habit or fear of moving on – if they don’t suit you.
How can you harness the power of a New Moon and make plans to chase your dreams?
1) Write down what it is that you really, truly want to bring into your life. You can even use an abundance check like this one (click here).
2) Believe. (This step is important)
3) Write down simple steps that you can take daily to help you bring your dreams to life.
4) Keep track of your progress. What you track, grows.
5) Make a Vision Board. Update your old Vision Board if it needs it.
6) Ask the Angels to help you!
7) Clear clutter from your home – especially any clutter related to your desires (clean your wallet if you want money, clear your old clothes if you want to feel better about how you look).
8) Work on only 1 big wish at a time. Of course, you can have several goals at once, but find one (two tops) to focus your energy on.
9) Be grateful for what you have. The Universe LOVES a grateful person and will help that person get more to be happy about!
I hope that you have a prosperous and happy New Year!
Do you have any special rituals you use to help harness the energy of the New Moon or any traditions related to the Chinese New Year? Feel free to share in the comments!
Photo By Irangilaneh (Own work) [CC BY-SA 3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons