My Ethics and Disclaimers
When doing tarot readings, advising, and Reiki, I hold myself to a number of different rules that are based on my ethical positions and also on what I feel comfortable with doing and am legally able to offer. I will try to meet your specific needs when reading and doing energy work, but there are a few things for you to keep in mind.
One important rule for me is that each one of my clients will be treated equally, regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, physical condition or gender.
1) My services are performed for your highest and greatest good. My intention is to help you to grow and heal.
2) Tarot readings are for musing and inspiring thought about and growth within your life. They are not intended to serve as professional advice – especially concerning matters of physical or mental health, money, legal matters, etc. I will always refer you to seek help from a certified professional in your area should I feel you need advice that is above and beyond what I offer.
3) I won’t do readings for a third party. For example, I will not do a reading about “What your ex-boyfriend thinks of you.” We can always devise a different question, like, “What can I do to improve my chances of finding true love.” Readings tune into a person’s space and energy – and I will not pull from a person’s energy field without his or her permission. Also, readings should empower you and spur forward motion and growth. When reading the thoughts or feelings of a third person, all of the responsibility for change and power are taken from you, and that doesn’t serve your growth at all!
4) I will not misrepresent my credentials, education, skills or qualifications.
5) I will not knowingly read for minors under 18 years of age.
6) I will not allow you to become addicted to or dependent on my readings. Repeat readings on the same subject will not be done until enough time has passed to let the situation change and play out.
7) I do not read for medical themes including, “When will I get pregnant?” and “Will I die soon?” Medical issues and questions should be directed to a licensed medical specialist, and not to a tarot advisor because there are a multitude of different factors that influence a person’s health and well-being (including free will and personal choice), and tarot divination or advising is not a good stand in for medical care and/or advice.
8) I retain the right to cancel or stop a reading at any time, with or without a reason, and will refund the value of a reading if I feel the need to cancel or stop the reading.
9) It is your right to stop a reading if you do not feel comfortable with working with me.
– Please be aware that tarot and oracle card readings are for entertainment purposes only.
– Energy therapy and Spirit Based Coaching are not recommended to replace care from licensed medical or psychiatric doctors; they are both complimentary practices. While energy therapy can help to relieve and alleviate symptoms associated with dis-ease, it should not be used as a primary source of medical or mental health care. The effects of energetic healing are still very much under scrutiny of the medical community, and Susan does not make any promise regarding health/mental improvements resulting from energy therapy. Likewise, coaching can help a person grow and manage stress and tension in life, but it is not a replacement for treatment for serious mental illnesses or depression.