Did you ever consider how powerful that cup o’ Joe can be in the morning? It can give you the energy to start your day… and it can also give you a message from the Divine.
When you start working with different forms of divination, it’s important to keep an open mind. The messages that come through to you will not only be visual but also in thoughts and impressions that spring up when you settle into a relaxed, curious, meditative state, inviting the Universe to speak to you through whatever means it decides.
Back to my cup of coffee.
This morning, I decided to have a look into my coffee cup, to see what—if any—message my Higher Self wanted me to see.
It had a doozy…
When I looked into my cup, I saw a castle in the woods fairly clearly. Do you see it?
As I contemplated this image, the song, Fortress Around Your Heart, from Sting popped into my head…
“The prison has now become your home.
A sentence you seem prepared to face…”
My four walls do feel like they have been suffocating me lately. I don’t feel like I have a lot of freedom. I often feel trapped, isolated, alone.
But it’s not only about me; it’s about the amount of freedom I give people around me as well. It’s about responsibility and shared responsibility. The princess/prisoner don’t lock themselves in the towers. Others lock them there.
It was a lot to think about after having only one cup of coffee, for sure.
So, how do you read coffee grounds that are
- Set the intention of receiving a message from Spirit. This is the most important part of the process—opening yourself to whatever message coming to you in whatever form it does. Personally, I see a lot and I get messages from songs and snippets of information (clairvoyant, clairaudient).
- Look into the bottom of your mostly empty cup to see what is there. Do the coffee grounds and shadow of coffee represent anything to you? Look for people, animals, buildings and objects like books, keys, clothing.
- Lean into your intuition. What is your Soul saying to you about what is going on in your life? Are you working on any big lessons? Is this a new idea that you need to explore? Are there any updates, cues to upcoming celebrations, or warnings in the images?
- Tune into all of your senses. Are you feeling, seeing, hearing, smelling, feeling, or tasting anything (other than coffee) that gives you further information?
- Journal. Allow yourself not only to note what you see, but also to free-write so that even more messages can come up while you have your pen to paper.
Reading your coffee grounds can be an easy way to tap into your intuition and receive messages from your Higher Self or Spirit. Give it a try and share your experiences in the comments below!
*Coffee cup images (with the exception of the fortress and trees) courtesy of Fluid Coffeebar.