She recently shared a great post with a lot of tips and tricks for doing tarot readings at outdoor events.
Tips For Tarot Travellin And Outdoor Gigs
I have done mobile tarot for years. My thoughts are :
- Wind and noise are not tarot friendly at outdoor gigs. Don’t face sun…its hot and blinding if outdoors. A canopy is a must.
- Keep it simple…large draws can be time-consuming, and in my experience, most won’t remember all that info.
- It can be exhausting…take a cushion, cough drops, and bottled water, plus snacks that won’t make you sleepy ie. Carbs.
- Think about what your fee will be. If it’s too high, it might repel some.
- Note what season it is and play to that.
- Keep your stuff at a manageable size. It gets hard if it’s too heavy and you have to go a long distance to your assigned place.
- Take a timer. 15 minutes is plenty unless you’re a seasoned reader and good at managing the public.
- Ground yourself. Sage the area. State your affirmation, and take a deck you don’t work with personally—only with the public. A lot of use will tear up your deck and it will get ” dirty. “
- Take a hand cleanser.
- I bought a wagon to transport my small collapsible table.
- Pack all tarot things in one bag.
- A small ice chest is good to have. I freeze small bottles of water and they keep each other cold while thawing. 6-8 is usually enough. If you drink a lot, you pee a lot, so try to be near a bathroom. This is not only great for you, but also because there’s lots of traffic.
- Don’t rent a spot that’s isolated.
- I wear a diffuser necklace with essential oils like Eucalyptus, Peppermint, Lavender, and Tea Tree to ward off colds and flu.
- Take breaks; you’ll need to refresh.
- Have fun. I love outdoor gigs and fairs, craft shows, etc. 💞
What do you think? Do you have any tips to add to the list? Feel free to leave them in the comments below!