This morning after I dropped my son off at school, I was driving home thinking about writing a blog post about softening into the spirit world. I took a brief moment to tune in, and BOOM — I got a little bit more than I bargained for from the Spirit World! Luckily, I didn’t swerve off the road or get hit by another car while I was open, but I did get so much information pouring in that I had to shut er down until I got home.
Note to self: Do not even think about connecting with the Spirit World while driving.
The area I live in —Carnuntum—has been a busy place since even before the Roman Empire (a.k.a. before Christ). It’s not so far from the Danube, and the area has rich, fertile ground and plenty of wildlife, like deer, rabbits, quail, even wild boars, that would have made it a great location to live in, even in the very old times. We have Roman Ruins, like the city door and a colosseum, old hunting “lodges”, and castles scattered around the area. The area has seen its share of normal days and wartime troop movement —likely even battles— as it is on the edge of what was once Austro-Hungary and was invaded by the Romans and the Turks in earlier times. Countless generations have lived and died here.
So, when I softened my energy with the intention of getting a brief look into the Spirit World, I got that feeling in my stomach similar to going down a loooong drop on a roller coaster—and I saw many, many spirit forms in my peripheral vision. It was way more intense than I had thought it would be, obviously, or I wouldn’t have done it while I was driving, for Pete’s sake!
Right now, too, it’s the time of the year when the veil between the Spirit World and the Real World is thin anyway. So, for those of us who are regularly interacting with the Spirit World, it makes our communication with the Other Side go a bit more smoothly and easily.
But really, I wasn’t prepared for just how easily I’d connect! I normally don’t see all that much; I am more Claircognizant and Clairaudient than Clairvoyant, so today’s visions were a little different than how I generally receive information. I’m looking forward to exploring Clairvoyance much more, as I was always keen to see, but I’ve always blocked it because… well, because I was scared of what I might see, quite honestly. When I do experiment, I am going to make sure that I am in a safe location —not driving—and that I call in my protectors, like my Spirit Team and Archangel Michael, to be gatekeepers for me.
How do you connect with the Spirit World?
- First of all, if you want to start working on connecting with the Spirit World, make sure that you are in a safe place. You might set yourself up in a quiet, comfy corner of your house. Make sure that you aren’t rushed, so that you can feel very open and in control.
- Set the intention of connecting with your clair or extrasensory gifts.
- Call on your ancestors and/or on Archangel Michael to protect you while you practice connecting with the Spirit World.
- Close your eyes or keep them open just a tiny bit.
- Start focusing on your breath. Inhale for a slow count of 6. Exhale for a slow count of 8. Allow yourself to concentrate on your breath, while you soften your perception of the world around you.
- Start noticing any messages that you get. Sometimes, it will seem like people are talking to you or that you get thought streams from a different entity. Other times, especially if your eyes are partially open, you’ll start to see shadows and wisps or energies of beings from the Spirit World.
- Ask a question that is important to you and see what images, impressions, or advice you get.
- When finished, consciously close your session, thanking the Spirit World for interacting with you.
- Focus on breathing and coming up and out of your connection with the Spirit World.
- Journal about your experience and any messages that you received while you were connected to the Spirit World.
You can practice connecting with the Spirit World as often as you would like. The more you work with your Guides and the more you practice picking up on any subtle (or not so subtle) energies around you, the better you’ll get.
Please feel free to comment about your experience with connecting with the Spirit World!