Hello Beautiful Souls!
I have been thinking about my word of the year for 2018 for a couple of days now.
Success and successful were pretty high on the list, but also very limiting to me in some way. They didn’t fully resonate with what I was looking for.
I mean, I’ve been successful in the past few years on many different levels. I’ve written books and courses designed to help others, but I don’t actually feel like that word is the sum of what I want for the year.
I looked up success on thesaurus.com (all you budding bloggers should have this address auto-populating in your search bar!) – here are a few words that came up:
The list was kind of long, and none of the words was THE word I was looking for.
On to look up successful… The list got better…
THRIVE! Yes! That is the word!
To me, THRIVING is so much more than success. Success seems so single dimensional, related only to money and business. But THRIVING seems like health, wellness, prosperity, business, family – so multidimensional and vibrant.
It resonates and makes me excited to think about, so much more than being successful or even prosperous or triumphant.
When you are picking out your own word for the new year:
- Make sure you find a word that feels exciting and powerful to you.
- Try out a few different words. Don’t settle for anything that isn’t exactly right.
- Look up different words in the dictionary or thesaurus.
- Meditate or ask your guides for clues about what word will work for you.
- Then embrace that word! Use it on your Vision Board. Write it in your journal. Charge that word with all of the love, hope, and energy that you have.
- Work to bring your word into every nook and cranny of your life.
I hope you find a word that resonates with you in the new year! Feel free to share your word for 2018 in the comments below!
Would you like to explore the coming year with tarot and oracle cards? Order a 2018 Overview Reading here: Order 2018 Overview Reading
Photo credit swinging woman
Photo credit woman with open arms