Ahhh… The call of the free tarot reading. When someone advertises “freebies,” they generally get a line going around the block.
I used to LOVE having reading parties! The energy was fantastic and I had a lot of fun…
But free readings can be draining for a reader. They take time, energy, and resources.
And then figuring out that I was reading for 30 or 40 or a hundred people who had no intention of actually buying a reading got frustrating. I’d see the same names over and over again on my free reading threads, but never once would many of those same people pay for a reading – even when I would run a “Pay What You Can” offer.
That made me feel so unvalued and just plain old used, to tell you the truth.
So, after more than a year of running an online tarot, oracle, and angel card reading business, and after having given away literally hundreds of free readings, I have decided to make some rules for my “free readings.” You’ll want to pay attention to these for future reference!
1) Each person can only have ONE free reading per year – unless they win a contest or send 3 referrals to me.
Free readings are meant to be a sample of my work so that a person can see if they appreciate my style – they are not meant to be our only means of interacting with one another! I do notice the same people requesting free readings over and over again – so obviously they like what I have to say, but they just might not value my time or understand about energetic exchanges. Because of this, I need to create boundaries.
Free tarot readings are also meant to be a form of appreciation or a thank you from me! Those people who purchase a reading from me will be added to a special pool that will get insider access and notification of when I am running freebie offers.
Also, those clients who refer 3 people to me who buy readings will get a free reading!
2) Those who don’t give feedback for free angel and oracle card readings will be put on my No Thank You list.
I really have a problem with those who can’t even say,”Thank you for taking the time to read for me.” Honestly. We all know it is quite rude. Please don’t even put your name down if you can’t bother to say thanks!
3) Please do not contact me behind the scenes to ask me for a free reading. The answer will be no.
**Reiki and energy healing are totally different things to me, and I will gladly pray for or send a bit of energy to you, your friend, or your family member regardless of their ability to pay.
4) I am going to start bringing the free readings on my Facebook page. I may run a contest on Facebook or have a Twitter chat from time to time, but the majority of my “free reading” offers will be on this website.
5) My direct mails will give details about free reading times and venues in the future. That means that, if you want to know when I’ll be practicing working with a new deck or where to sign up, you’ll probably want to sign up for my newsletter.
Honestly, I LOVE doing readings and I love working with people. This is the job I have chosen (or that has chosen me), and I want to do well with it. I am a real person who puts her heart and soul (and time and energy) into readings, and I won’t just give myself away for free any longer.
I am totally happy, though, to show my appreciation and gratitude for those who truly support me by giving them privileged access to my reading parties and learning sessions. Those who support my work by actually purchasing readings and referring new clients will get better access to free offers.’
If you’d like to purchase a reading from me, click here for the details.
If you are just looking for a free tarot reading, there are so many different websites to go to. Here are a few of my personal faves:
Free Online Tarot Reading